I am kind of obsessed with finding the perfect at home peel because who wants to pay over a hundred dollars for a peel. Every time I go to Sephora; I ask for mini samples to take home to try as many products as I can. My two favourite high-end products for exfoliation and radiance are the Sunday Riley Good Genes All in One Lactic Acid Treatment and the Kate Somerville Exfolikate Intense Exfoliator because they are both incredibly effective at exfoliating and brightening the skin. The only problem with these products is that they are a little expensive. I am always on the lookout for a drug store beauty dupe, and I think I found it with the Pixi Peel and Polish Treatment because it is the perfect combination of the Kate Somerville and Sunday Riley treatments for less than half the price.
The Pixi Peel and Polish Treatment contains both lactic acid and fruit enzymes similar to the two high-end treatments, and it is also paraben and cruelty-free. The product comes out a light peach colour similar to the bottle. When you apply it to your face, it slightly foams up and turns white as it is slowly activated. The texture isn’t harsh or extreme on the skin and has a lovely refreshing cucumber scent to it. I scrub it onto clean damp skin until it is activated. I then leave it on for 5- 10 minutes and rinse off. My skin feels so amazingly soft afterwards! This has become one of my new favourite products especially when I am suffering from breakouts and acne scars. It honestly shrinks your pores and sheds off all of your dead skin cells. I feel like I could rant about this product for ages because it is honestly so amazing!
• This radiance-revealing enzyme peel resurfaces for smoother, softer skin, and a healthy looking glow
• Natural fruit enzymes loosen dead skins cells; lactic acid gently exfoliates, cellulose peels & sugar extracts polishes, lifting away dullness revealing brighter skin
• Professional salon peel treatment without leaving home!
• Not tested on animals
• Paraben free
• Use: 2-3 times per week in the AM or PM
• Step 1: Apply to dry face and neck
• Step 2: Leave for 5 minutes to let the enzymes activate
• Step 3: Rinse off and pat dry
• Step 4: For a more intense polish effect; using your fingertips, gently massage face and neck in a circular motion