Hello lovelies, today I will be sharing ten style tips from the fashion icon Pattie Boyd.
Pattie Boyd is an English model and photographer. She was one of the leading international models during the 1960s. Boyd married George Harrison in 1966 and experienced the height of the Beatles’ popularity as well as sharing in their embrace of Indian spirituality. She divorced Harrison in 1977. She later married Harrison’s friend Eric Clapton in 1979, and they divorced in 1989. Boyd inspired Harrison’s songs such as “If I Needed Someone,” “Something,” and “For You Blue,” and Clapton’s “Layla” and “Wonderful Tonight.”
10 Syle tips from Pattie Boyd:
- Short Dolly Dresses: Pattie Boy loved short 1960s shift dresses with emphasized collars.
- Signature hairstyle: Pattie had a quintessential 1960s shoulder length hairstyle with bangs and flipped up ends. She also teased the top of her hair to create a hump on top, which was very popular in the 1960s.
- Create a signature beauty look: Pattie loved the perfume Jicky and would create a classic 1960s cat eye with a pale pink lip.
- Find a classic shoe style and stick with it: Pattie loved to wear black dolly shoes with her short mini-skirts and shift dresses.
- Hair accessories: Don’t be afraid to wear fun hair accessories, Pattie Boyd loved Berets and polka dot headbands.
- Bold colors and prints: Pattie loved to wear mod prints and in the 1960s and later converted her to look to more of psychedelic hippie look.
- Bold Collars: Pattie loved to wear tops and dresses with bold oversized peter pan collars and tops with pussy bows.
- Simple separates: Always invest in simple wardrobe staples. Pattie often paired a simple black turtle neck with a statement skirt.
- Statement jewelry: Dress up any look with a bold necklace or statement earrings. Pattie was often seen wearing long statement necklaces in her psychedelic hippie phase and large mod 196os earrings.
- Have fun, and don’t be afraid to change with the trends while still investing in classic pieces. Pattie was a trendsetter, but she also evolved from the 196os from Mod to psychedelic hippie.
Vintage Doll Cosmetics: