I would consider myself to be a night owl because I tend to get more awake once it gets dark and usually, work until at least 1 am on a regular basis. One of my goals for the new year was to try and get up earlier and change my routine around. For the most part, I have been successful at getting up earlier in the morning, but I still seem to be working until the wee hours of the morning on a regular basis. I tend to use the day time to take all of my photos and check emails in the morning. I then spend my evenings working on my blog posts and responding to comments.
Since I always hit the snooze button in the morning, I tend not to leave myself enough time to get ready which has caused me to streamline my morning routine. Here are my top 5 essential beauty products that I use when I want to get ready in 5 minutes.
1. Dry Shampoo: I only wash my hair twice a week, and I find a good dry shampoo saves me so much time. I have bangs, so I would have to wash my hair almost every day just to keep my bangs looking fresh. I started using dry shampoo a few years ago, and it has been a total game changer for me.
2. BB Cream: I love using BB Cream because it is perfect for a quick makeup look because it moisturizes, blurs imperfections, brightens, evens skin tone, hydrates and has SPF 30. I was a little reluctant to use BB Cream when it first became popular, but now I am so glad I did because it saves me so much time in the morning.
3. Soft pink lipstick: I am not the best at applying a bright red lipstick when I am in a rush in the morning, so I opt out for a subtle pink shade. I love light shimmery pink lipsticks because they are easy to apply without a mirror and they look so pretty during the daytime.
4. Pink blush: I can’t get enough pink blush and have it in almost every shade. I don’t wear bronzer and find that pink blush is beautiful and subtle. It makes me look refreshed and rosy especially in the winter. After applying two quick swipes to my cheeks, I instantly feel like my makeup is complete and put together.
5. Dove Advanced Care Deodorant: During the winter months my skin tends to get super dry and irritated. I have noticed that my armpits have been exceptionally dry from shaving during these cold winter months. I love using Dove Advanced Care Antiperspirant because is offers 48 hours of odor and wetness protection plus added skincare benefits of Dove 1/4 moisturizers and NutriumMoisture for softer, smoother underarms.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.