I am so excited to share with you my vintage soul sister Karen Louise who is an Irish blogger for A Little Vintage Lady. I met Karen Louise on Instagram, and we hit it off through our shared love for floral prints, thrift shopping, and cats. We decided to do a collaboration together and we each asked each other questions and chose a cute spring dress from Lindy Bop. I answered my questions on yesterdays blog post in case you missed. I hope you enjoy learning more about Karen and don’t forget to check out her blog.
Q&A with Karen Louise
- Tell me a little bit about yourself (where you are from, what do you blog about, etc.)
My name is Karen Louise, and I’m from a tiny town called Kingscourt, Co. Cavan in Ireland. I’m obsessed with all things vintage, so I blog about my love of that!
- What is your favorite era and why?
It would have to be the 1950’s for sure! I adore the ladylike silhouettes and Christian Dior’s “New Look. I also love the decadence and glamour of the 1920’s.
- What is your favorite piece of vintage clothing and why?
Not quite a piece of clothing but I adore my original 1950’s lucite bag which I used on my wedding day.
- What piece of clothing, shoes or accessory do you dream to have in your wardrobe?
I would love a vintage Chanel handbag! A gal can dream right?!
- Where would you like to travel to next?
I have a massive travel bucket list with so many fun places I want to go, but first I would dearly love to visit my best friend who moved to Canada and see what it has to offer and meet up with Laura Jane for tea and cake of course! It’s also been my dream to visit all of the Disney parks in the world. I’ve already been to Paris, California, and Florida so would love to visit Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong.
- You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What color would you be and why?!
I would love to be a pretty lilac shade. I love all pastel shades, but some of my favorite vintage dresses are lilac.
- What do you like to do when you are not blogging?
Pottering in my craft studio or reading but mostly I love to watch movies or boxsets curled up on the couch with my husband and my rescue cat Betty.