I haven’t shared my monthly favorites with you guys for a while now, so I decided to round up some of my favorite items from the month of January.
1.Dress to Impress 2017 Calendar: Every year I like to get a new calendar for my office, and I fell in love with this illustrated one. I figured the illustrations would help me feel inspired to draw again.
2. Pixi Glow Tonic: I have wanted to try this toner for years, but it wasn’t available in Canada. I was so excited when I found out you can now buy Pixi at Shopper’s Drug Mart. I must say this is one of the best toners I have ever tried in my life.
3. Essie Treat Love Color: I saw an ad for this new Essie nail polish in a magazine, and I knew I had to have it because my nails are damaged from gel polish. I am terrible at painting my nails, so I wanted something that was easy to apply and very nourishing. I love the subtle sheer lavender color and soft sheen.
4. Dom’s Deodorant: I met Dominica through my friend Karen, and she was kind enough to give me a bunch of her 100% natural deodorant to try. I am always reluctant when it comes to natural deodorant because I am afraid of having BO that I must say her deodorant smells amazing and it works!
5. Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream: I have been using Maybelline Dream Wonder Foundation for a few months now, and I love it, so I wanted to try the newly formulated BB cream. I love using this BB cream under my foundation or on its own. I find that it blurs imperfections on my skin and it gives me a dewy glow.
6. Benefit Roller Lash Mascara: I received a sample of this mascara from Sephora, and I love it! I was using a Maybelline mascara, but I found that it dried up quickly and kept leaving flakes of mascara in my eyes. I was always walking around with the feeling that I had something in my eye. I love this Benefit mascara mainly because it doesn’t leave flakes in my eyes or rub off.
7. EOS Vanilla Mint: I have almost every flavor of these lip balms, and my new favorite flavor is the vanilla mint because it tastes like ice cream.
8. Sephora Under The Cover Eyeshadow : I like to use a white shimmery eyeshadow for my everyday makeup because I find that it brightens my eyes and makes me look awake. When I want a more dramatic look, I like to add a cat eye with liquid eyeliner. I have been using this white shimmer eyeshadow from Sephora, and I love it!
Which month is your favorite?
I made another mini stop motion animation with my iPhone. I should have flipped the camera horizontally instead of vertical. I think I am going to try and edit my video in iMovie for next week. Let me know what you think of this mini video.