Besame vs Marilyn
Marilyn Monroe’s Real Makeup Collection VS Besame Cosmetics Marilyn Monroe Collection
Shop the Marilyn Monroe Collection:
After creating several videos on Marilyn Monroe’s favourite beauty products, I was excited to try Besame Cosmetic’s new Marilyn Monroe Collection finally. I ended up buying The Essential Marilyn Collection.
The Essential Marilyn Collection includes:
– Girl’s Best Friend Mascara: Who needs diamonds, when you’ve got the perfect mascara? This black mascara is made with natural ingredients to give you dark, glamorous lashes that even the most sensitive eyes can enjoy. Encased in a golden tube and adorned with Marilyn Monroe’s signature, it looks as gorgeous on your vanity as it does on your eyes!
– Misty Coral Lipstick: This light coral lipstick is based on shades Marilyn wore throughout the early 1960s. With a creamy texture and satin finish, this lipstick feels amazing and lasts all day.
– Carnation Red Lipstick: Bright, bold, and a little fiery, this pink/red lipstick is instant glamour. Perfect to brighten up a day at the office or for a stroll on the streets of New York; this ultra-pigmented lipstick is based on a favourite shade of Marilyn Monroes’.
– Red Hot Red Lipstick: Red Hot Red is an actual fire engine red hue, a deep, brilliant colour with a warm, yellow-toned base. Enriched with plant-based squalane and vitamin E, Red Hot Red is based on Marilyn’s lipstick in Some Like It Hot.
– Lip Liner Pencils – Berry & Melon: Made to pair with Misty Coral and Carnation Red, these wooden lip pencils make it easy to get Marilyn’s signature lips. The rich Berry colour deepens a red lip, while the Melon tone adds a touch of pink. Precise yet soft, these lip pencils add dimension to any lip look.
– Eyeliner Pencils – Espresso & Snow: The rich brown of Espresso accentuates any eye colour, while the white of Snow instantly brightens. These wooden pencils create a precise line while staying soft enough to glide on effortlessly.
– Rose Red Gloss – A beautiful shine with a hint of red, this non-sticky gloss works wonderfully with any red lipstick.
– Champagne Gloss – A sparkling beige gloss that with a high shine finish. Pairs beautifully with pink, coral, and nude lips.
– White Cream Highlighter – The secret weapon in Marilyn’s makeup arsenal! This cream highlight in pure white can be used on lips, cheeks, or eyes. Super blendable and versatile, this historically accurate item is perfect for recreating the golden age looks of the silver screen.
– Bombshell Shadow Quad: Bring out your inner bombshell with this eyeshadow quad. These pigmented matte shades are perfect for Marilyn’s 1950’s and 1960’s eye looks. Soft and super blendable, it’s a quad you’ll return to again and again. Colours include:
- Light brown
– Marilyn Lashes: Based on the size and shape of lashes that Marilyn Monroe used on-screen, these false lashes add elegance to any look. One set is tapered to create a cat-eye look, while the other lashes are long, full, and highly glamorous.
– Sharpener: Black and gold and adorned with Marilyn’s signature, this pencil sharpener adds practicality and glamour to any vanity.
Marilyn Monroe’s Real Makeup:
A TRAVELING CASE AND MAKEUP
The black case with five metal drawers containing an assortment of makeup comprising:
Three lipsticks by Max Factor labelled LS/7-22/N.I.
One highlighter and two Elizabeth Arden cream eyeshadows in gold-tone tubes named “Autumn Smoke” and “Pearly Blue.”
Two Elizabeth Arden “Eye Stopper” eyeliners, one brown and one black
One cream “Light Green” eyeshadow in a pot by Leichner of London
Two bottles of nail polish by Revlon, one “Cherries a la Mode”, the other “Hot Coral,” and a bottle of cuticle oil
An eyeliner and a box containing flash eyelashes by Glorene of Hollywood
A bottle of black liquid eyeliner
A pack of “Hollywood Wings.”
Two bottles of scented lotion from the “Quintess” line by Shisheido, in their box
Anita d’Foged “Day Dew” cream makeup and cover-up
Two pots of Erno Lazlo makeup
A box of tissue
A selection of matchbooks, including one printed MMM and others from restaurants, including Sardi’s
Two paper fans
Three satin purses
A bottle of smelling salts