I started watching MTV’s newest show “Are You The One?” and felt inspired to share some of my dating tips with you. If you haven’t heard of this new show on MTV then you can watch the trailer here. For those of you who have been reading my blog since the beginning then you have followed me along through all of my online dating horror stories over the years. I swear I must have been on at least 75 first dates over the last two years, or at least it felt like that. Online dating is the most common way to meet people these days but it can be pretty horrific and demoralizing. I always seemed to meet the flakey guys who only wanted one thing. I wouldn’t consider myself to be a dating expert but I was single long enough to know the in and outs of the online dating world. Do you have any valuable online dating tips?
- Always arrive 15 mins early so you have time to freshen up in the bathroom and scope the scene.
- Keep the first date short and sweet, this way it is more like a meet and greet instead of an official date.
- Don’t meet at a pub or restaurant, stick to coffee shops or go for a stroll. It is too hard to escape when you are stuck waiting for the bill at a pub or restaurant.
- Make sure you have an escape plan just in case you want out and fast.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing, this way you can go for a walk instead of sitting face to face like a job interview. It always looks bad when you are constantly fidgeting with your wardrobe.
- Try to relax instead of drilling him with a hundred questions.
- Do not bring up marriage or that you want to have kids on the first date, this will make him run for the hills.
- Don’t talk about your ex and why you broke up. Everyone has had past relationships but it doesn’t mean we want to hear about it all night.
- Relax and try to have fun! Always make good eye contact and make sure your body language isn’t too closed off (unless you are completely grossed out and want out ASAP).
- Do not, I repeat do not text him after the first date or the next day. Wait for him to text you, guys like the chase.
If you haven’t watched the first episode then you can catch up and watch it here. This show is super fun to watch because you can play along and guess which contestants are each others perfect match. At the end of the season one lucky winner will win a trip for two to Hawaii! Make sure to play along with me throughout the season.